If you’re about ready to list your home on the market, you might be wondering, “Do I need a title company to sell my home?” Let’s take a closer look.
It’s not always necessary to hire a title company to sell your home, but if you want to make sure everything goes smoothly and avoid any costly last-minute surprises, you might find it beneficial for your peace of mind. Below are some pros and cons to hiring a title company for your next sale.
What is a Title Company?
A title company is a company that specializes in helping buyers and sellers of real estate with the legal work involved. These companies help ensure property ownership to prepare loan documents for buyers. A title company can also help a seller by handling any foreclosure proceedings that might occur. The service a company provides varies, but these are some of the more common services:
- Title searches
- Title insurance coverage
- Escrow services
- Settlement services
- Loan processing and closing assistance
- Location of missing heirs or other parties interested in the property
Why Hire a Title Company?
You might be thinking, what should I sell my home and hire a title company? While there are plenty of reasons other sellers might have, the following are the most common:
- You can avoid costly surprises by hiring a title company for your sale. They will make sure the property title is clear and up to date before you list, which means less time on the market.
- If you’re planning to borrow money to purchase another home, a title company can provide loan prequalification or pre-approval for your lender.
- A title company knows the current market trends and pricing for your area.
- It’s never too early to start thinking about things like home warranties, so if you hire a title plan now, it can cover some of those costs for you.
Why Not Hire a Title Company?
A title company may not be necessary for your home sale if you already have an attorney or other legal representation, if the property is in the same name as the person selling it, or if you’re selling without any loans. If you’re selling your home the traditional way, you’ll more than likely hire a title company. But if you want to sell fast, you might have another option that doesn’t involve hiring a title agency.
No Need for a Title Company With Maximum Cash Homebuyers
If you’re thinking, “is there a way I can sell my home without hiring a title company,” the answer is a resounding yes! At Maximum Cash Homebuyers, we buy homes for cash as-is, so there’s no need for escrow or title agencies. Instead, we’ll take care of all the paperwork, and you’ll get cash directly in your pocket. And did we mention that we can close in a week? That right, one week!
Are you ready to discover a whole new way to sell your home? Contact us today! We purchase houses in Atlanta, Georgia, and surrounding areas.