If you’re looking into selling your home, you might think you need an agent, but did you know you can sell without a realtor?
Selling a house can be a long process, no matter how you do it. But if you’re motivated to sell fast and without a realtor, that’s an option that you can make a reality. Check out these four tips to learn more.
How to Sell Your Home Without an Agent
You may think that the only way to sell your home is with a real estate agent, but that’s not always the case. It’s possible to list and sell your property without an agent if you’re motivated and willing to put in the work.
There are six steps for selling your home without a realtor to help you list and sell your house fast:
- Make sure you have all the paperwork ready to go before listing your home so it can be listed as soon as possible.
- Find a reliable contractor for any repairs needed on your house.
- Create a detailed marketing plan for your home (and adhere to it).
- Keep up with any maintenance or repairs on your property.
- Be prepared for additional costs that might come up along the way, like insurance, staging, and more.
- Have a property lawyer on retainer to help you negotiate and understand contracts and fees.
Clean, Declutter, and Stage
Decluttering your home is one of the first things you’ll want to do when preparing your home for sale. If you’re unsure where to start, start by clearing any clutter from the living room and kitchen. Decluttering helps your house look clean and ready for sale.
Once you’ve decluttered, make sure to stage your home. The goal of staging is to make potential buyers feel at home—like they could imagine themselves living there. To do this, make sure there are no dirty dishes in the sink and that the bed isn’t unmade. Additionally, remove family photos and other personal items from the house so that prospective buyers can envision themselves in these spaces.
Hire a Professional Photographer
If you’re going to be listing your home on a site like Zillow, you’ll want professional-quality pictures of your home. You can hire a professional photographer to snap a few photos or scout out the area for the best places to take them.
Marketing Your House Yourself
If you’re motivated to sell fast and without an agent, marketing your house yourself might be the right move. One of the most important things to do is make sure your home is “show-ready,” which means you’ll want to make it as easy as possible for potential buyers to see your home. You should have all the furniture out of the way so that buyers can walk through your space with ease.
To get started with marketing your house yourself, try using some of these resources:
- Create a website for your property.
- Consider advertising on Craigslist or For Sale By Owner groups on Facebook. Be sure to put up good photos so people know what they’re getting!
- Send out direct mailers or postcards with details about why people should buy your house, including its features and any special offers you have available.
- Share pictures on social media of areas inside and outside of your house that potential buyers will find attractive
Skip the Agent, Sell to Maximum Cash Home Buyers
If you’re thinking of selling your home without a realtor, call us! At Maximum Cash Home Buyers, we are ready to purchase your home for cash; no realtors necessary. We buy houses in Atlanta, Georgia, and all the surrounding areas, and we offer cash for all of the homes as-is. It’s a fast process, and we’ll even pay towards your closing fees, saving you money! Contact us today to learn more about our process and get an offer on your home!